WA State Private Party Long Gun Transfer Fee
Our goal is to make your private party purchases (Mandated by I-594) as stress free and easy as possible. Below is the basic procedure we adhere to. Your cooperation in this matter is much appreciated.
- Contact us for a time when both buyer and seller are available to conduct the transaction.
- Upon arrival of you and your seller/ buyer, the firearm is logged in and application for a NICS check is filled out by the buyer. If a handgun is involved a WA State Pistol Transfer Application is also filled out.
- Following a successful NICS result, and if you possess a WA Concealed Pistol License, take your firearm purchase home and enjoy!
- If you do not have a WA CPL, a successful NICS check still requires a waiting period while your local law enforcement agency conducts their own check. This could last up to 10 business days.
- At the successful completion of all background checks, take your firearm home and enjoy gun ownership!